Orlando Science Schools (OSS) is a tuition-free public charter school in Orange County with an emphasis on science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) education.
With increasing annual enrollment since its opening in 2008, OSS offers K-12 students a well-rounded curriculum aligned with Florida Sunshine State Standards and taught in an intimate learning environment. Located in metro-Orlando near the intersection of Princeton Street and John Young Parkway, OSS is the educational “home base” for more than 1,000 Central Florida students, representing diverse cultural and economic backgrounds.
- Orlando Science Middle/High was reaccredited by AdvancED SACS Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement.
- FLDOE School of Excellence Award recipient
- Orlando Science Schools received A+ school grade since 2010
- 100% Graduation, 100% College Acceptance
- Nation’s Top 20 College and Universities College Acceptances
– Massachusetts Institute of Technology
– Columbia University
– Duke University
– Harvard University
– John Hopkins University
– Notre Dame
– Emory University
– Rice University
– Vanderbilt University
– Claremont McKenna College
- National Merit Scholarship Finalists
- National Hispanic Scholarship Finalists
- Earned more than 2.0M in Scholarship yearly.
- Edith May Sliffe Mathematics award.
- Recognized by Washington Post Being in the Top 100 Most Challenging High Schools.
- Orlando Business Journal announced OSS Class of ranked No#1 school in Central Florida with a combined SAT score.
- Gold Level National MathCounts Club Program recipient.
- Duke University Talent Identification Program (Duke TIP) for their exceptional scores on the ACT or SAT. The students received State Level and National Level recognition by Duke University.
- State of Florida Science Olympiad Champion.
- Represented State of Florida in the National Science Olympiad Finals.
- Represented the State of Florida in the World Championship FIRST® Robotics.
- Central Florida MathCounts Chapter Champion.
- Represented Central Florida in the Florida State Finals.
- Relay for Life by Donating over $10,000 over two years.
- Several Science Projects ranked Top Three placements in Dr. Nelson Ying Orange County Science Exposition.
- National Geographic Bee Participant.
- Several Projects ranked in the Regional and State History Fair Competitions.
- Several High school students earned Congressional Award Medals.
- Opening of Osceola Science Charter School in Kissimmee, FL serving K-5 for Osceola County Residents in 2016.
- Multiple placements by OSES students in Orange County Council of Teachers of Mathematics (OCCTM) annual mathematics competition.
- OSES student wins drawing competition and serves as Honorary Grand Marshall in Florida Citrus Parade
- OSES Hosts Google Expeditions Pioneer Program
- SSCS robotics teams bring home top honors from Florida FIRST LEGO League and Florida FIRST LEGO League, Jr. robotics tournaments
- “Out-of-the-Box,” “Team Spirit,” and “STEM-tas-tic” awards received by OSES at Florida FLL, Jr.’s Winter Invitational
- Student places 1st and 2nd in Orlando Sentinel’s Annual Spelling Bee Comp
- OSS FTC team finalists for “Motivate Award” at FIRST Robotics World Championship
- Opening of Seminole Science Charter School in Lake Mary, FL serving K-8 for Seminole County Residents in 2015
- Chairman’s Award for OSS Robotics FRC team at Regionals
- PLTW courses offered in Engineering, Biomedical and other specialized high school programs including Dual Enrollment at OSS since 2015.
- PLTW offered to OSES students since 2015.
- OSES student places 2nd among over 40,000 students in country Sumdog weekly math competition.
- OSS math teachers receive prestigious Raytheon Company “Math Heroes” awards.
- Relocation of OSES campus to accommodate ever expanding needs
- Expansion of after school clubs at OSES to include Florida Lego League, Odyssey of the Mind, Engineering Club, Competition Math, DukeTiP, and Science Olympiad
- OSS Drama Students inducted into National Thespian Society
- Distinguished Honor School in AMC 8 Contest.
- Opening of OSES with 232 children initially enrolled
- 1st and 3rd Place for OSS at Science Olympiad State Championship
- National Mu Alpha Theta Chapter established
- Achieve accreditation by AdvancED’s Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS-CASI) since 2011.
- Top 10% of all elementary and middle combination schools in the State of Florida according to the Florida Department of Education
- Special Award for “Best Infrastructure System” received by OSS Future City Team at the National Engineers Week Future City Competition Regionals
- Became first “A” rated school according to State of Florida’s FCAT data in 2010.
- Open doors as public charter school under the Orange County Public School system in 2008-2009 School Year with 106 students in 6th and 7th grade and employ 11 staff members.